Neptune has a rich history in delivering mission-critical core systems to the banking and financial services sector. Having delivered end-to-end solutions to over 60 financial services institutions, Neptune has the proven experience needed to meet the requirements of internationally recognised banking practices.
Neptune now has 6 locations of its own in EMEA plus a development centre in Chennai, and is continuing to develope its global partner network. Since 2005, Neptune has demonstrated constant process improvement by regularly passing ISO 9001:2000 TickIT audits, including in 2008. In addition, Neptune is proud of its track record of delivering on-time and within budget as well as high customer satisfaction levels. For more information, visit www.neptunesoftwareplc.com
Neptune Software plc, http://www.Neptunesoftwareplc.com a leading supplier of software solutions and managed services to the banking industry is looking to hire a Database Administrator.
Skill and Job Requirements:
We are looking for a Database Administrator who fully understands Oracle Database Administration on 10G and above, and has at least 6 years of solid DBA experience.
* You will have extensive database installation and tuning experience, tuning both SQL and SGA, and be familiar with init.ora parameters.
* You must be able to generate statistics for tables, partitioned tables, sub-partitioned tables and interpret and troubleshoot issues using statistics, and you must be able to generate an ‘explain plan’, interpreting the output, and related reports.
* Working with the development team, you will manage all database updates, resolve issues related to ‘undo’ tablespaces, segments, perform hot and cold backups, perform export, import and recovery under various scenarios, such as recovery of a corrupted database when the database runs in archive log mode, and recovery of tables data when they are accidently dropped.
* Perform database development activates as directed, resolve CPU loading, and provide SQL expertise to the development team.
* You will understand Database design and ensure that all database models are updated and optimised, document databases, maintain data dictionary definitions, and update database standards as required.
* Provide assistance to customers and if required provide assistance with escalated issues.
Experience in a UNIX/LINUX environment is essential.
Based in Chennai, India, frequent international travel may be required.
Qualification: A Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering/Computer Sciences from premier university.
Please log on to apply for the above jobs